Chinook Salmon fishing this summer in Powell River has been amazing, so many good memories made by those who have been fortunate to get out there. Here is the latest..
- Chinook fishing has tailed of a little after a record pace. Grant Reefs, Iron Mines and west side of Texada still producing but have to put in a little bit more effort. Westview ,Rebecca Rock and Harwood should heat up again any day, hopefully a few more Coho will show up. Many anglers including myself have caught some pretty hefty pink Salmon the last while also. Undersize Chinook numbers are way up , so try not to net what your not going to keep.
- Lang Creek hatchery fish are starting to show up, be ready as mid August hits you will catch some nice fish in this area.
- Top producing lures, Gibbs Skinny G’S,Macdeep Jig a must a have, Anchovies (not many dogfish this year, Tomic Plugs, and the new kid on the block.. The Loony Spoon!
- Jigging, be sure to stop in and pick up some jigs because this technique has produced countless fish this year.
- Prawn numbers are decent so if you have time to let your traps soak, enjoy your prawns..
- Crab fishing has been ok this year, just have to find the sweet spot.
- Want to organize a Derby however very busy at this time ,we will see what happens, until then keep taking photos and we will be giving away some goodies soon..
Firearms and C.O.R.E course dates will be announced ounce the instructors give me the available dates. Look for mid September. Both courses are $200 cash only and you must pre register at PRO FCFS.
- Hunting season is fast approaching, with the shortage of many products be sure to stop in early for your Licence,Tags Ammo and Gear. Rocco our gunsmith can help you out with your firearm maintenance and any issues you may have. We are fortunate to have him in PR.
The Pro shop has been extremely busy this summer, thanks so much for supporting local business. A big thanks to our staff, Sam Out..
Paulo & Aldo Ruby From Lake Resort..