May is here and we are now able to retain Lingcod and Rockfish.
- Lingcod must be 65cm or larger to retain.
- You may retain 1 per licence
- Look for rocky bottom and use larger jigs (6-12oz) for Larger Lings
- Locally 40-150′ seems to produce Lingcod regularly.
- You may use Live Herring and Shiners for bait (This is one of the best ways to catch keeper size lings)
- Come see us at PRO for some great Lingcod lures.
- Lingcod is an excellent source of Protein and Omega 3 and are delicious.
You may retain one Rockfish per licence of any size. Quillback and Copper Rockfish are most common in local waters
- Fish Rocky bottoms and 30-100′.
- If you feel you have smaller size Rockfish on your line. Bring them to the surface slowly as they will have a better chance of survival upon release.
- Stop in at PRO for some great jigs and you will have a great dinner.
If you do not have a Descender and plan on bottom fishing you will get a fine. This is a mandatory piece of fishing equipment (read your tidal licence) Good Luck…
Cole & Nico